The RNLI is the charity that saves lives at sea. Our volunteer lifeboat crews provide a 24-hour rescue service in the UK and Ireland, our lifeguards look after people on busy beaches.
Gifts in Wills help bring our brave lifeboat crews home safely, and provide the training and protective gear they and our lifeguards need to save lives. After you’ve looked after your family and friends, please consider leaving a gift in your Will to the RNLI.
Whether you want to update an existing Will, or you’re planning to write your first Will, leaving a gift to charity is easy to do. We have special schemes that enable you to update or make your Will for free, online, via phone or by visiting a solicitor. See what a difference a gift in your Will can make with our free gifts in Wills guide.
An up-to-date Will ensures your wishes for your family and any charities you support will be clearly understood.
First Radio Standard Competition Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are the competition rules ("Rules") that apply to all competitions (“Competitions”) organised by or on behalf of First Radio Sales Limited (the “Promoter”). For the purposes of these Rules, the term “Promoter” shall also include (a) all radio stations represented by First Radio Sales, and (b) all agents, sponsors and event promoters involved in organising Competitions through or on behalf of First Radio Sales.
2. In addition to the Rules, other specific terms and conditions may apply to a particular Competition (“Specific Rules”). Such Specific Rules will be posted on the relevant Promoter’s website and will be deemed incorporated into these Rules. In the event of any discrepancy between these Rules and the Specific Rules, the Specific Rules shall prevail.
3. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and any Specific Rules that may apply.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend any Competition, these Rules or any Specific Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within these Rules or the Specific Rules or on the relevant Promoter’s website. The Promoter may at any time, without notice, issue further terms and conditions to be read in conjunction with these Rules and any Specific Rules that may apply.
5. Each entrant must be resident in the UK to enter Competitions.
6. Officers, employees and agents of the Promoter and any party associated or directly connected to or with the specific Competition (including sponsors) and their families, officers, employees and agents (as applicable) are not permitted to enter.
7. Only one entry per person per Competition is permitted.
8. Proof of making a phone call, sending post or email is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged or otherwise affected by matters outside our control.
9. Where a Competition has a closing date and/or time, all entries must be received before such date and/or time. Late entries will not be taken into consideration in the selection of a winner.
10. By entering a Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Rules or any Specific Rules or any other terms and conditions that apply to any Competition. Furthermore, entrants who are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable by the Promoter will be excluded from the relevant Competition.
12. The Promoter also reserves the right to reject entries, applications or claims and to alter, amend or foreclose a Competition without prior notice in its absolute discretion. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Rules or any Specific Rules.
13. Collusion with other Competition entrants is strictly prohibited and may result in immediate disqualification.
14. Callers are not necessarily entitled to participate in on-air Competitions and will not necessarily appear on-air in the order in which they are called. The Promoter shall not be liable to reimburse callers for telephone charges when either on hold or on-air. Where the situation arises, only the person who is selected to come to air (if applicable) is eligible to win if they give the correct answer.
15. Competition winners will be chosen at random unless otherwise specified.
16. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Promoter will endeavour to notify and deliver prizes to winners of each Competition within 30 days of the closing date set for such Competition. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
18. In the case of Competition prizes in the form of free tickets for a particular event, the Promoter will contact the prize winner by phone and prize details shall be as printed on the event tickets. Ticket holders shall be bound by (a) these Rules, (b) any Specific Rules that apply, (c) any terms and conditions set out on the event tickets and (d) the rules and regulations of the particular venue (as applicable).
19. All Competition prizes are subject to availability.
20. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize-winner.
21. No Competition prize may not be transferred or assigned to any other person and no cash alternative or alternative prize is available. In the event of the advertised Competition prize being unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
22. Competition prizes are awarded at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
23. No responsibility will be accepted for inaccurate Competition prize details supplied by the Promoter.
24. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering, or being unable to enter, any Competition or as a result of accepting any Competition prize. Neither shall it be held responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in a Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
25. Competition winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity or any other form of promotional activity. The Promoter reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photograph and any recordings of them (be it audio or visual) in any publicity or promotion. All Competition entrants agree to their name and home town being published on-air and elsewhere. Entrants agree to their participation being broadcast, recorded, repeated and otherwise used for any reason by the Promoter without being entitled to any payment for such use. The Competition winner may be required by the Promoter to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and the winner hereby acknowledges that the Promoter has the right to use such photos, videos or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner for any purpose as it may see fit.
26. Any personal data relating to Competition entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s consent.
27. The Promoter will keep a winning entrant’s personal details for a reasonable time so that it can send the entrant the winning prize, to verify that these Rules (and any Specific Rules, if applicable) have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. The Promoter may pass a winning entrant’s details on to its sponsors, service providers or agents for the purposes of sending out winning prizes on its behalf.
28. Entrants agree to keep confidential any information of whatsoever nature regarding First Radio Limited and any member of the First Radio Group and their respective businesses, personnel, agents, sponsors and event promoters received by entrants as a result of winning or participating in any Competition.
29. Each Competition (including these Rules, any Specific Rules and all matters incidental thereto) shall be governed by English law and all parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
30. Any enquiries regarding these Rules and any Specific Rules should be directed to: First Radio Sales, First Radio Sales, 154-160 Fleet Street, London. EC4A 2DQ.
First Radio Sales Limited ('us', 'we') is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the 'Act'), the data controller is First Radio Sales Ltd, Carn Brea Studios, Barncose Industrial Estate, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 3RQ
2. The information we collect and how we use it
2.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
i. information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website (if required), subscribing to any service offered by us or posting material on this Website. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our Website;
ii. if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
2.2 We use information held about you in the following ways:
i. to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
ii. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so; and
2.3 Where you have opted to allow us, we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
3. How do we protect your Information?
3.1 We are serious about guarding the security of your personal details. We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the Act. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity before disclosing any personal information to you.
3.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
4.2 For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
i. to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
ii. to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests;
iii. to speed up your searches; and
iv. to recognise you when you return to our Website.
4.5 On 26th May 2012, new rules came into force regarding cookies. These rules require that cookies can only be placed on devices where the user has given their consent. We use the following types of cookies on this website:
Essential cookies - These cookies are essential to allow you use our websites and include Session cookies. Session cookies expire when you end your web browser session. Specifically, we set a session cookie after a user fills in an entry form, so that the user cannot fill in the form on more than one occasion.
3rd Party Advertising cookies - These types of cookies may collect information about the types of pages that you visit in order to serve you with relevant advertising. The tracking system is anonymised and therefore it does not know who you are; it simply uses the limited information available to it to serve adverts to you, which it believes are relevant.
Tracking / User Analysis cookies - We use 3rd party companies to track how many users we have, and which pages are most popular. These tools include Google Analytics provided by Google. You can find out more about these cookies on the Google Developers website.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser, but please be aware that for some parts of our websites to work you will need to accept cookies. Cookies can be removed or declined by changing your web browser settings. For more information please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that this is a third party website and as such Quidem accept no liability for the instructions given on this site.
Find out more about the EU Directive on Cookies here.
5. Access to information
5.1 You have the right to access any personal information that you have submitted to us. We reserve the right to charge a small fee for each request made by you for us to provide you the details of the personal information we hold about you.
5.2 You can withdraw your consent for us to hold your details by writing to or emailing us, including your name and full address, requesting a full removal of your details from our database.
We have a responsibility to keep your information confidential and we take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data. We do not disclose information that you may give, such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address to any outside companies.
However, we reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users.
Our ICO Data Protection Certificate Number is Z8069659 and is renewed every year.
7. Contacting Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand that the RNLI has partnered with The Breeze to promote a competition between 13th September to 22nd September 2019 (dates are subject to confirmation, and may change) and will be providing the prizes for this promotion.
First Radio, who act for The Breeze, will be dealing with all elements of the promotion and will control all personal data submitted by entrants. We (One Black Bear) will host the promotion site and process all personal data on behalf of First Radio. We have entered into a contract with First Radio in which we agree to process personal information:
a. In accordance with applicable data protection and privacy law and only for the purposes of administering the promotion;
c.in line with First Radio’s instructions and only within the EEA.
d. Securely and will implement technical and organisational security measures to ensure no unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage of personal data, by its systems or staff.
We appreciate that the RNLI is reliant on us carrying out the promotion in line with the above terms and we therefore agree to abide by these obligations.